May 2, 2007

Introduction (What is this all about...)

Welcome friends (all and sundry),

Welcome to yet another blog. One of the reasons you are here can be that you were intrigued by the name. And for me this is the reason that needs to be catered to. So here is a post dedicated to “What this is all about”.

“A free mind” is a blog that lists thoughts; thoughts that at times may not be bound by reality or feasibility; thoughts that might prompt someone to ask me to rename this blog to “A blog full of crap”. And I might have done that if the title were not taken by one of my (known) friends.

Now that we have probably solved the naming conflict, lets again back to the contents. No, I am, in no way, planning to write about my diurnal activities from the time I wake up to the time I sleep. This is a blog where I am planning to pen down my views on varied subjects; from future of AI to the present situation in the Indian services industry; from revolutionizing India Inc, as depicted by two good movies to anything else.

These are the views that pop-up in probably every mind when in a state of leisure. Sometimes these thoughts are crazy, sometimes too much of fantasy or too idealistic. But it is important to pen down these thoughts somewhere so that they are not put to waste in the ever blooming garden of mind, because what is crazy or fantastic today may be reality tomorrow. These thoughts might be the seeds of a new beginning. Crazy, did someone say? Well may be it is meant to be like that, may be it is so that the “Eurekas” can be uttered only in a cloth less state. May be you need to be unreal to change what is real.

Like it is very truly said, “If you do what you always do, you get what you always get”. So let’s embark on this journey of doing what we do not do always. Sail along………

Cheers,
Nishant.

No comments: